Studio Experience Host - 12 month contract
Our commercial community looks to support our people in creating transformative brands that move businesses, people and the world forward. Our business never stands still; we believe that our commercial activities shouldn't either. We strive for continuous improvement of our tools and processes to support growth while retaining the work's quality and talent, and culture, enabling our people to do the best work of their lives.
This role sits at the heart of our studio and our culture, it is crucial to the smooth running of the studio and plays an important role in the employee and client experience.
You will really understand the Wolff Olins culture and people, which will enable you to ensure our space is inviting and welcoming for all our people and allow you to adapt the space and our studio practices as our team and priorities evolve. Working with client teams you will ensure that clients feel welcome to our space.
As part of the commercial community, you will work with others to ensure that employees have the right environment to do the best work of their lives.
This role is based in our London studio 5 days per week, 08:30am - 5:00pm. When we have events we may ask that you start at 8:00am and finish at 6:30pm.
You are responsible for:
- Owning our space, ensuring it is always presented to our agreed standards
- Assisting client teams with room set up for client meetings including catering requirements
- Acting as the main liaison with bankside building services, to report issues and drive a resolution.
- Ordering stationery and maintaining stock levels.
- Assisting with desk changes and keep company floor plan up to date
- Pro-actively assisting with the set up for exhibitions and other special events
- Taking ownership of the space after events, requesting help from the wider business when you require more support
- Ensuring post room is kept tidy and that our post is collected
- Help booking outside space for external and internal events
- Organising company breakfasts and lunches. Including set up / clear down and owning the budget
- Organising WOW snacks, encouraging new starters and others to attend
- Acting as company fire warden, first aider and mental health first aider
- Setting up new starters desks to ensure they feel welcomed into their new home ( including ordering of flowers)
- Carrying out experience induction including health and safety induction for all new starters and tour of the building
- Assisting in ensuring all calls on the mainline are taken.
- Organising wellbeing initiatives such as Yoga and Circuits. Working with HR to organise other wellbeing events.
- Working with heads of communities to look for venues for away days
- Lead organisation of company socials i.e. Christmas & Summer Party and celebrating i.e., pitch wins, promotions
- Supporting management team, in procuring gifts i.e. coordinating birthday treats, all company christmas gifts, department holiday gifts, promotion gifts, baby and wedding gifts
- Looking for and suggesting ways to embed our culture into Wolff Olins life
- Attending and playing an active role in our community by attending company events and training and encouraging others to do the same.
- Weekly submission of freelancers timesheets who do not have access to VPN
- Raising PO’s for all freelance contracts and ad hoc requests i.e. subscriptions
- Setting up new suppliers on AX for new freelancers and other ad hoc requests
- Record oversee visitor log recording when the US team visit the UK office
- Attending Omnicom Health & Safety Committee meetings working with AV technician to ensure we are compliant
- Building a strong relationship with accounts payable team
- Supporting HR team in carrying out right to work checks in their absence
- Assisting with ad-hoc administrative tasks to support the Commercial community ( Finance, HR, Resourcing)
- Allocation of company lockers
- Manage company online and physical subscriptions
- Have experience of working front of house, either in the hospitality industry or a creative environment
- Enjoy multitasking, and taking pride in ensuring their is attention to detail in everything you do
- Have a creative mindset, enjoy being imaginative and trying new approaches
- Be investigative- You get to the heart of an issue and look for ways to resolve the root cause of problems by continually identifying and implementing ways to improve systems and processes. You are practically minded, you learn by experience and place a high emphasis on the common sense approach.
- Offer support- You are a good listener and will take the time to understand an individual's motivations, viewpoints and differences. You understand the wider context and are considerate of others, ensuring everyone who needs to be, is involved in the final decision.
- Be conscientious- You are proactive and place a strong emphasis on meeting deadlines and finishing tasks. You are meticulous in ensuring the details are right and that things have been carefully thought through. You are diligent with regards to rules and procedures.
- Build relationships - You are a natural radiator, you quickly establish rapport with those who you meet and you continuously build your network to help you achieve your goals. You enjoy spending time with people and understand the importance of first impressions.
- Be structured - you should be organised in your approach to work on multiple tasks and will stake steps to prioritise work. You are principled in upholding standards, confidentiality, and ensuring the business behaves ethically. You enjoy working at a fast pace and enjoy being busy.
Our focus on people and the world:
Wolff Olins believes in creating an environment where people can bring their whole selves to work. We are interested in our people having diverse points of view and different perspectives on the world. We set out to equip our people with the knowledge, confidence and tools to do the best work of their lives. Our purpose is to help our people create transformative brands that push businesses, people and the world forward.