We’ve always been ambitious for the work and optimistic for the world, pushing what’s possible, exploring new ways of doing things and using our creativity to make a difference. Our strategy community provides our clients with the clarity and cut through needed to create transformative brands to move their businesses, people and the world forward. And provides Wolff Olins’ with a source of expertise and knowledge to develop new ways of thinking, methods and offers.
Our Strategy Directors play a crucial role in leading and delivering large client projects and workstreams across our most significant accounts.
We expect you to lead the strategic thinking with senior clients, as well as managing cross-disciplinary teams. You should be able to break new ground in all aspects of branding through unconventional thinking and creativity. You be a change-maker, inspiring others to think and behave differently, stretching them to do there best and go beyond,
You will continue to build on your reputation, becoming a choice for client referrals and recommendations. You will be keen to play an active role in our strategy community by looking to share new tools, methodologies and ways of working.
You are responsible for:
- Leading the strategic thinking across some of our largest projects and workstreams
- Leading the team, knowing how to get the best out of them, how to get the various resources working well together, and how to create opportunities for all team members to stretch their skills.
- Ensuring our work meets client need, works in situ and builds WO reputation
- Being familiar with working with all of WO tools and introducing your own tools to WO.
- Taking an active role in new business, creating inspirational pitches that break the mold and take us into new areas and challenges.
- Being aware of the financial targets and needs of our business, playing an active role in ensuring that budgets for your jobs are used carefully and effectively.
- Pushing the ambition and quality of the work on your projects , ensuring it meets Wolff Olins’ exacting standards and makes us proud.
- Play an active role in the Strategy and wider Wolff Olins community by contributing enthusiastically to our communities with new tools/methodologies and helping internal initiatives to take off
- have extensive experience (6+ years) in brand including a deep expertise of all the fundamentals of brand strategy ( purpose, positioning, proposition, personality, values and architecture) as well as a good understanding of the creative process to develop and refresh brand identities
- speak the language of change with some knowledge of culture/employee engagement, customer experience, innovation and/or research insights and analytics
- most likely have a rich experience of roles and deep sector experience, working previously at reputable agencies or consultancies, possibly with a post-graduate qualification, e.g. MBA.
- have previously led a variety of multi-disciplinary teams
- have previous experience in helping to change large, established organizations or up-scale fast growth, tech-led businesses.
- Push the boundaries- always seek to push the work further, having the ability to understand the core issue and trust your judgement. You enjoy learning at pace and often on the job. You take the initiative to gain further sight from multiple mediums.
- Create real impact -recognised as a change-maker; you have the ability to cut-through – you’re able to get to the heart of an idea, the crux of an insight and the core of a problem. In-person or in writing, you should be persuasive and articulate, helping people to see things in a new way allowing them to make leaps and break political impasses.
- Be optimistic - You are optimistic for the world and our work, turning challenges into opportunities, you readily accept change and cope well with ambiguity. You are receptive to feedback actively encouraging others to critique work to push it forward.
- Deliver with intent- You think beyond your own delivery, taking active responsibility for the team, ensuring they understand how work should be organised and commitments are met. You enjoy being busy and can prioritise and deliver on multiple projects.
- Be creative - You enjoy studying the underlying principals and getting to the fundamental strategic issues. However, you should also be inventive, imaginative, determined to discover or create more imaginative ways to create transformative ideas, solutions and brands for our clients
What you get:
- Freedom and autonomy - we give our leaders latitude to be themselves and operate in ways they feel work best for their clients, their teams and the business. We’re always looking for the optimal way to help people operate and teams be amazing. We won’t box you in.
- Influence and impact - we work with the most senior and influential business and brand leaders operating at a level with significant authority to make change happen. Our people are able to directly influence these leaders and make a positive impact for the world.
- Reputation and network - we help build high profile individual reputations and set our people up for ongoing future success. Our alumni have gone on to become award-winning novelists, senior clients at some of the most respected brands in the world or gone to set up their own businesses
Our focus on people and the world:
Wolff Olins believes in creating an environment where people can bring their whole selves to work. We are interested in our people having diverse points of view and different perspectives on the world. We set out to equip our people with the knowledge, confidence and tools to do the best work of their lives. Our purpose is to help our people create transformative brands that push businesses, people and the world forward.