Our Strategy Director is responsible for leading large-scale project engagements, building sustainable client relationships and driving growth through organic and new business. This position requires a dynamic, self-motivated and proven individual with experience leading clients and project teams through different types of brand and business challenges across different industry sectors. In addition, our Strategy Director is responsible for upholding the strategic standards of the discipline, as well as supporting the management and development of the strategy team.
The Strategy Director works closely with the Head of Strategy, Creative directors, and the design team, Client Services, as well as our new business and marketing teams.
You are responsible for
- Identifying cut-through industry, competitor, consumer, and digital insights by synthesizing client input, consumer research, and industry experience
- Framing insights in clear language, build a solid rationale to support strategic recommendations and craft compelling stories
- Employing conventional and non-conventional research methodologies to uncover the right insights
- Staying current and interested in consumer macro trends, industry debates, and technological innovations
- Contributing to WO thought leadership – blogs, white papers, etc.
- Using and evolving new strategy tools, methodologies, and frameworks
- Directing and motivate other strategists and new business/marketing team
- Cultivating and growing client relationships, acting as lead strategy contact for client engagements on projects valued at $500K to $1M.
- Leading workshops and creative work-sessions for both internal and client teams
- Partnering with creative team to translate strategic insights into tangible, meaningful and useful products, services and experiences, both digital and physical
- Supporting the new business process through key issue identification and analysis and strategic point-of-view development; proactively pursue new business targets
- have a Bachelor’s degree
- have 6 – 8 years of experience in brand, design, digital or management consulting
- have proven critical thinking, content synthesis and research skills
- have experience creating or managing tech-enabled customer or employee experiences
- have exceptional communication, writing, analysis and organizational skills
- be a content creator – online or offline
- have proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- have the ability to sell-in work and create new business opportunities with current and prospective clients
- have the ability to lead and inspire teams
- have the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment