At Wolff Olins, strategy defines both an organization’s future and creates the experiences, services, tools that will realize it. Strategists help senior executives make fundamental decisions about what they will invest in, build and enable. Using cut-through, rigor and imagination, it is your responsibility to create significant commercial and social impact.
Our Strategy Director is responsible for developing compelling strategic narratives and recommendations, and building client relationships.
This position requires a dynamic, self-motivated, digitally-native individual with experience in understanding different types of business models and challenges, developing cut-through insights connected to clients’ business and brand opportunities and creating strategic solutions across online and offline platforms. In addition, our senior strategists independently run medium-sized client engagements, with responsibility for overall content development and delivery as well as long term client growth.
The Strategy Director works closely with the Senior Strategy Director, creative directors and the design team, as well as our new business and marketing teams.
- Identify cut-through industry, competitor, consumer and digital insights by analysis of client input, consumer research and industry experience
- Employ conventional and non-conventional research methodologies to uncover the right insights
- Stay current and interested in consumer macro trends, industry debates and technological innovations
- Frame insights in clear language, build solid rationale to support strategic recommendations, and craft compelling stories
- Contribute to WO thought leadership – blogs, white papers, etc.
- Use and evolve new strategy tools, methodologies and frameworks
- Direct and motivate other strategists and new business/marketing team
- Cultivate and grow client relationships, acting as lead strategy contact for client engagements on projects valued at $500K to $1M
- Lead workshops and creative work-sessions for both internal and client teams,
- Partner with creative team to translate strategic insights into tangible, meaningful and useful products, services and experiences, both digital and physical
- Support new business process through key issue identification and analysis and strategic point-of-view development; proactively pursue new business targets
- Bachelor’s degree plus 6-9 years of experience in brand, advertising, digital or management consultant agencies
- Proven critical thinking, content synthesis and research skills
- Experience creating or managing digital or technology brand experiences
- Exceptional communication, writing, analysis and organizational skills
- Content creator—online or offline
- Ability to lead and inspire teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: