Senior Strategy Director
We’ve always been ambitious for the work and optimistic for the world, pushing what’s possible, exploring new ways of doing things and using our creativity to make a difference. Our strategy community makes sense of the complex and ambiguous nature of our work and provides our clients with the clarity and cut through needed to move business forward.
Our Senior Strategy Directors play a key role in leading and growing our business by being the ultimate accountable strategist on our largest client relationships and new business pursuits.
We expect you to break new ground in all aspects of branding through unconventional thinking and creativity. As someone who is very comfortable working with those in the C-suite, you will be nimble and conceptually flexible as you navigate and lead teams through challenging briefs and complex client organisations.
Always with one eye beyond the immediate project, you are ambitious for our clients, looking for how we can extend and build the relationship to push them to go further. You will have a rich network of clients and contacts, and be focused on creating new business opportunities and developing new products, offers and markets to help us grow commercially.
You are responsible for:
- Winning, leading and growing our biggest accounts ($1 million +), sometimes one at a time, sometimes directing several at once.
- Pushing the ambition and quality of the work across your client portfolio, ensuring it meets Wolff Olins’ exacting standards and makes us proud.
- Providing oversight and direct authorship of world-class strategic deliverables, points-of-view and proposals.
- Being a trusted partner and advisor to C-level clients while ensuring client satisfaction and retention.
- Pushing the disciplines of strategy, design and change – taking them into new areas being an instigator of debate in the industry and the media.
- Having a constant eye on our business, be proactive in helping us fill the pipeline with new opportunities, and leading pitches will be natural to you.
- Being a reliable bellwether of what is ‘right’ for the development of our business –especially in areas of specific investment for us, like technology, learning or measurement.
- Be an inspiring change maker for clients, convincing a range of stakeholders with logic and emotion, and to help them go through a full business transformation journey.
- Be cross-disciplinary in your thinking, partnering and collaborating with Design, PGM and new business in everything you do.
- Building great relationships across the business ensuring you are a role model across communities. We will look to you to set an example at all times – in your approach and your mentoring skills.
- Playing an active role in our strategy community by supporting more junior Strategists with their development and contributing new tools and methodologies.
- have experience as a brand leader and transformation expert (deep expertise in enterprise-level brand purpose/positioning and portfolio strategy/architecture required)
- speak the language of culture/employee engagement, customer experience, innovation and/or insights and analytics - you’re able to consult with clients on a range of brand and marketing issues
- most likely have a rich experience of roles, deep sector experience, possibly a post-graduate qualification, e.g. MBA.
- have previously led a variety of multi-disciplinary teams
- most likely be a sector specialist in an area related to our work – e.g. technology, finance – or a pioneer in a certain methodology or practice, e.g. service innovation.
- have previous experience in helping to change large, established organizations or up-scale fast growth, tech-led businesses.
- be likely to have a reputation in your own right and must have some expertise and experience in brand.
- be entrepreneurial, with the ability to design projects into the long term with a view to organic growth and relationship extension. You will be passionate about developing new products, offers and markets to help Wolff Olins grow.
- Create Impact -recognised as a change-maker; you have the ability to cut-through – you’re able to get to the heart of an idea, the crux of an insight and the core of a problem. In-person or in writing, you should be persuasive and articulate, helping people to see things in a new way allowing them to make leaps and break political impasses. You should be confident when challenging your team and looking to negotiate the best deal.
- Build long-lasting relationships - you enjoy expanding your network and quickly establish rapport with clients and your team. You should have relentless, infectious positive energy, which others feed on.
- Lead with purpose - You are inclined to take control of a situation and are willing to take decisions. You are interested in empowering, motivating, nurturing and inspiring others and offer encouragement and support to ensure they succeed.
- Be driven to deliver - You are here to do the best work of your life. Ambitious for yourself, our people and clients, you place a strong emphasis on achieving outstanding results. You have energy others feed off and are good at ensuring things happen. You are curious for what’s possible and hungry for impact and have the ability to proactively identify and seize business opportunities.
What you get:
- Freedom and autonomy - we give our leaders latitude to be themselves and operate in ways they feel work best for their clients, their teams and the business. We’re always looking for the optimal way to help people operate and teams be amazing. We won’t box you in.
- Influence and impact - we work with the most senior and influential leaders operating at a level with significant authority to make change happen. Our leaders are able to directly influence these leaders and the impact they make in the world.
- Reputation and network - we help build high profile individual reputations and set our people up for ongoing future success. Our alumni have gone on to become award-winning novelists, senior clients at some of the most respected brands in the world or gone to set up their own businesses areas as broad as tourism and fashion.
Wolff Olins believes in creating an environment where people can bring their whole selves to work. We are interested in our people having diverse points of view and different perspectives on the world.