Our operations and commercial community looks to support our people in creating transformative brands that move businesses, people and the world forward. Our business never stands still, we believe that our commercial activities shouldn't either. We strive for continuous improvement of our tools and processes to support growth while retaining the quality of the work and our talent and culture.
The HR Generalist works closely with the global HR team in creating an environment where everyone in the business can do the best work in their lives. We rely on this role to deliver timely advice to our people in all stages of their employee lifecycle. This role is the backbone of the HR team providing seamless HR administration while playing an active role in HR and recruiting projects.
In your role, you will work directly with the Head of HR to focus on building quality people programs. We are looking for a team player who loves collaborating on various projects that support the talent lifecycle from recruitment through to the employee experience. This role is ideal for someone who is a multitasker by heart, passionate about supporting people, eager to learn, and has proven experience supporting cultural initiatives. You have to be creative, resourceful and very hands on. The right candidate is very intuitive, thorough and possesses a high degree of emotional and social intelligence.
You are responsible for:
- Supporting with the recruitment process including updating job descriptions, posting roles, briefing recruitment agencies, managing the applicant tracking system capturing feedback, and organizing interviews for all candidates
- Acting as the primary contact for applicants and recruiters
- Managing candidates and their experience with Wolff Olins through the entire process
- Actively sourcing, engaging, and securing top-tier talent
- Reporting on key metrics i.e. time to hire and cost to hire
- Preparing, drafting offer letters and offer packages
- Own, drive, and innovate on important culture experience for employees as part of our onboarding process to drive optimal employee experiences
- Issuing new joiner paperwork to all new employees and freelancers
- Following the onboarding process for IT, payroll and finance
- Ensuring all right work to checks are completed
- Making sure the HRIS is up to date and accurate with new starter details
- Supporting HR Inductions and organize company-wide inductions
- Navigate with detail and diligence complex HR activities including performance management, conflict resolution, organizational development, employee relations, etc
- Manage and maintain HRIS/Payroll systems, tools, and data. Periodically audit data quality and test new functionality and reports. Troubleshoot basic system issues
- Processing leavers in line with the leaver process
- Supporting the CFO with any termination of employment
- Continuously review our processes for improvements
Payroll & Supplier Administration
- Collating monthly changes for the payroll, and submitting all information through HRIS or to the payroll function
- Reviewing the payroll calculation reports against raw data to ensure payroll accuracy
- Running relevant reports to achieve CFO sign off
- Completing monthly gender pay gap reporting
- Creating PO’s for freelancers and where appropriate submit timesheets
Reward & Recognition
- Understanding and advising on all employee benefits including healthcare, transit, 401(k)
- Launching annual benefits enrollment and ensure benefits information on learning drive is up to date
- Providing first-line support for all Family Friendly Policies. Escalating queries if necessary
- Booking employee holidays and comp days into project and holiday calendar
- Producing holiday metrics
- Support employee recognition programs i.e. MVP
- Support the salary benchmarking and pay review exercises
- Suggest new benefits and recognition methods we could use
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state & federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required. HR Compliance projects as needed.
Learning and development
- Ensuring all essential training is complete
- Investigating potential training providers
- Booking training and keeping the budget tracker up to date
- Playing an active role in keeping the relevant areas of the learning drive up to date.
Performance & Employee Engagement
- Administering the Performance Review Process
- Support the full cycle annual performance management program- including performance review design, 360 review design, system set up, communications to employees
- Assist managers with performance development plans
- Collect and encourage a culture of giving feedback
- Be a culture champion and help develop, participate and lead various culture initiatives
- Play an active role in the global HR team
- Where appropriate share metrics to support the business agenda
- Support and where appropriate lead local HR projects
- Support global HR initiatives
- 4+ years in a People Operations role, with at least 1 year in a talent-focused role
- Has expertise & experience in scaling all aspects of People Operations, including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, culture building, and other People Operations activities
- Passionate about building and supporting diverse & inclusive teams and cultures
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on excellence
- Great team player with a collaborative mindset towards the team
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and drive towards aggressive deadlines
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Thoughtfulness, flexibility and a positive attitude
- Understanding of federal and state labor laws
- Experience of processing personal data and understanding of confidentiality and data protection legislation
- Knowledge of US and NYC/SF labor law and US immigration law
- Experience with payroll management & benefits administration
- Experience of working within a creative environment
Be Pragmatic- You are practically minded, you learn by experience and place a high emphasis on the common sense approach. You are continually identifying ways to improve systems and process. You get to the heart of the issue and trust your intuition and judgement.
Support the people - You are a good listener, and will take the time to understand an individual's motivations and viewpoints. You are accepting of differences, and are considerate of others, ensuring everyone who needs to be, is involved in the final decision.
Be Conscientious- You place a strong emphasis on meeting deadlines and finishing tasks. You are meticulous in ensuring the details are right and that things have been carefully thought through. You are diligent with regards to rules and procedures.
Deliver with intent- you are organized in your approach to work, using your intuition to prioritize. You are principled in upholding standards, confidentiality, and ensuring the business behaves fairly and ethically. You enjoy multitasking, working at a fast pace and being busy.
Our focus on people and the world:
Wolff Olins believes in creating an environment where people can bring their whole selves to work. We are interested in our people having diverse points of view and different perspectives on the world. We set out to equip our people with the knowledge, confidence and tools to do the best work of their lives. Our purpose is to help our people create transformative brands that push businesses, people and the world forward. We are happy to talk flexible working.