The primary role of the designer is to explore. There are no “junior” designers at Wolff Olins. It takes a certain instinct and raw skill from the start to work in design at Wolff Olins, even in a junior role. For our clients and ourselves, the work we aim to deliver is bold, ambitious and different. Designers at Wolff Olins have an opportunity to grow and learn in an energetic, collaborative team environment.
You are responsible for
- Bringing brand strategy to life as brand expression and create assets for our global clients together with cross-disciplinary internal teams
- Brainstorming initial ideas and carry them through to concept development - ultimately taking the expression through to a system based on principles, and final implementation
- Being on top of what is going on in the world of design/art/fashion/creativity/culture and bring that information and inspiration into the design studio every day
- Assisting with pitches, from designing the creative route to auditing a competitive landscape
- Designing and managing the production some of our internal events which will give you the opportunity to demonstrate your creativity, giving you center stage to display your work
- Have at least 1-2 years of hands-on experience in the industry
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in design
- Be 100% credible in our core disciplines of graphic design, interaction design or motion graphics
- Have deep skills in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign - Additional tools are a big plus: motion, code, 3D, etc.
- be comfortable engaging with the strategic dimension of our work
- be able to make smart connections between what’s going on in the world and what we do for our clients
- be highly collaborative, able to build strong relationships within the design and across the business
- have strong creative instincts and willingness to push further through experimentation, utilizing new tools and techniques