Job Description & Person Specification
Reporting to: Executive Creative Director
Our design community helps create transformative brands that move businesses, people and the world forward. We believe brands can transform how we think and live – creatively, culturally and commercially. We’re not interested in superficial or incremental change. We make things different to make a difference.
As a multi-disciplined creative, your primary role is to generate fresh ideas, bring your exceptional design talent, and boundless energy to everything you touch
We expect our Designers to deliver the work by exploring challenges and opportunities, generating groundbreaking ideas, while developing their craft and broadening their skills.
You are responsible for:
- playing an active role in the client team, supporting more Senior Designers and Directors from initial idea conception to final delivery
- working on a specific application or product helping take it from an idea to fully function experience
- designing and managing the internal production events, using the opportunity to demonstrate your creativity, and raising your profile
- supporting new business pitches whether that be designing the creative route or auditing a competitive landscape
- Bring new inspirations and trends within the industry
- generating ideas that go beyond the expected
- Developing a clear creative rationale for your ideas
- confidently presenting your work, to a variety of audiences whether that’s one visual or a complete design route
- exploring new tools and visual ways to execute ideas
- attending and participating in rituals such as crit days
- partner with client design teams
- showing an interest in the relationship between brand strategy and design
- contributing to the accurate billing of clients by recording your time accurately
- guide and nurture interns
- attending and participate in design community meetings
- bringing a strong creative point of view to Wolff Olins culture and rituals.
You will most likely be drawing upon at least 2 years of creative experience in a commercial setting.
- Be imaginative - you generate original ideas favoring radical solutions. You should develop concepts that focus on the big picture. You are interested in the underlying principles of an idea and comfortable in applying theory.
- Build long-lasting relationships - you enjoy expanding your network and quickly establish rapport with others within the team. You have relentless, infectious positive energy, which others feed on.
- Be approachable- you are an optimist, who readily accepts new challenges. You cope well with uncertainty and take little time to recover from setbacks. You thrive on feedback and encourage others to critique your work with an aim to push it further.
- Take responsibility- You meet the deadline and are focused on ensuring the task at hand is fully completed. You champion your craft, and meticulous about the detail
Our focus on people and the world:
Wolff Olins believes in creating an environment where people can bring their whole selves to work. We are interested in our people having diverse points of view and different perspectives on the world. We set out to equip our people with the knowledge, confidence and tools to do the best work of their lives. Our purpose is to help our people create transformative brands that push businesses, people and the world forward. We are happy to discuss flexible working