This is our most iconic and senior creative position. For our clients and ourselves, the work we aim to deliver is bold, ambitious and different. The primary job of our creative directors is to lead and inspire our design community, and to bring a strong, uncompromising creative point of view to the leadership of the business. They are compelling and utterly authoritative partners for clients, confidently guiding them through deep organizational change. And able to build and maintain c-suite and board-level client relationships.
In addition to driving day to day projects, creative directors play a significant role in driving business development efforts.
The ideal candidate can come from any design background but must be a highly strategic thinker and be 100% credible as a leader with a proven track record of creating impactful work for complex organizations.
You are responsible for
- Leading multiple large, complex projects and new business efforts simultaneously
- Working with the senior team setting our creative course
- Partnering with strategy and program management on winning, planning and executing on projects that solve fundamental brand challenges for Wolff Olins’ clients
- Working together with the other creative directors, overseeing and take responsibility for the creative excellence of everything that goes out of the door
- Growing our reputation in the world—speaking at big events and building an influential creative network
- Building great relationships internally with other seniors as well as the cross-disciplinary teams you are overseeing
- Have at least 8 years’ industry experience, both as a hands-on designer and as a creative leader
- Have a bachelor’s degree in design
- Be 100% credible in our core disciplines of graphic design, interaction design or motion graphics
- Be a creative visionary who is passionate about the power of design to change the world
- Be a restless thinker with the desire to challenge, surprise and stretch everyone around you, with a finger on the pulse of what’s happening in the world
- Have huge ambition, drive, energy, and optimism
- Have brilliant rigor, cut-through, and clarity of thought
- Be a great influencer and persuader, who thinks and acts like a leader inside and outside Wolff Olins
- Be a generous and collaborative nature, giving others space and encouragement to grow
- Have the awareness to lead by example, always willing to roll up your sleeves and dig into the creation of the work when it's needed
- Be mature and perceptive – able to ‘read’ and understand complex situations and others’ motivations
- Never afraid to offer an opinion – or ask others theirs. Have a strong point of view, but a healthy respect for the experience of others
- Have deep skills in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and additional experience is a big plus: motion, code, 3D, etc.