Our Commercial Community looks to support our people with creating transformative brands that move businesses, people and the world forward. Our business never stands still, we believe that our commercial activities shouldn't either. We strive for continuous improvement of our tools and processes to support growth while retaining the quality of the work and our talent and culture.
Working as part of the commercial team and in partnership with our Programme Management community, you will support us with winning new business, exploring new avenues of activity and seeking opportunities that we can exploit in our bid to develop and grow. Working with the Finance Director to support the wider business by developing and providing management reports, assisting with ongoing commercial awareness training and liaising with the Finance Shared Service Centre (SSC) especially as part of the periodic reporting cycle process.
You are responsible for:
- Creating a strong and positive relationship for the business with SSC
- Partnering the Programme Management team and managing SSC to ensure our clients are billed in the correct format at the correct time
- Partnering the Programme Management team to ensure that client reporting needs are met fully, and on time
- Supporting the Programme Management team in pricing projects and ensuring we are using consistent and appropriate tools to get the best results
- Delivering month-end revenue processes including revenue and WIP reconciliation, debtor overview & group reporting
- Ensuring Citrix Microsoft Dynamics AX Accounting system database to be accurate and up to date for employee, supplier, client and sales rate data
- Working with the Finance Director to improve existing and develop new reporting models
- Continuously review and improve reporting formats for various stakeholders ensuring common language is used in each format i.e. dashboards, month-end reporting
- Coordinating the budgeting and forecasting of the client revenues & costs in support of timely Group submissions
- Carrying out data analysis and presentation to aid the periodic management & board reporting
- Maintaining complete records in the systems to enable accurate revenue recognition and audit across clients
- Partnering with the Programme Management community to deliver quote profitability & analysis in a common & repeatable way
- Partnering with the Programme Management community to understand & forecast key changes to revenue & cost. billing
- be qualified with CA, ACCA or CIMA or equivalent on the job experience
- have experience of working in a commercial department within a studio or other creative project-based business
- have experience of organising and driving meetings across all areas of the business
- have experience of working with a shared service centre
- have experience of SOX (controls and documentation)
- have experience of SOX & Statutory audit
- have a good understanding of client finances, client profitability and revenue recognition
- have experience of tracking revenue
- have a good understanding of staff cost reporting
- have experience of benchmarking, calculating and scenario planning sales rate card
- have experience of working with a P&L and BS and GL reconciliations
- have a practical and problem-solving approach to the business
- Be conscientious- You can be relied upon to follow procedures, finish the tasks and meet the deadline. You are meticulous in ensuring the detail is right.
- Build strong relationships- You enjoy interacting with others, establish rapport quickly, people are drawn to you as the representative for the work you do.
- Be structured- You are organised in your approach to work on multiple tasks, you are principled in upholding standards, confidentiality and ensuring the business behaves ethically.
- Be a continuous improvement champion- You see opportunities for improvement, are driven to make things happen.
- Be Analytical- You enjoy analysing information, and not taking information at face value. You explore facts and want to fully understand the logic behind what you find.
Wolff Olins believes in creating an environment where people can bring their whole selves to work. We are interested in our people having diverse points of view and different perspectives on the world.