Our Design Directors drive and inspire the design team to deliver brand-led creative work for our clients, ensuring that the output we deliver lives up to and pushes beyond our company standards. We are looking for a team player with excellent knowledge of the creative process that can lead, inspire, and unlock any project. You can communicate and share your ideas with everybody at Wolff Olins, our clients, and the outside world and create an environment for your team in which younger designers can learn, grow, and push.
The ideal candidate can come from any design background but must be a highly strategic thinker and be 100% credible as a leader with a proven track record of creating impactful work for midsize organizations.
You are responsible for:
- Building relationships with cross-functional team members and executives across organizations
- Overseeing the success of 2-3 projects at a time and finds ways to expand the vision of the work
- Knowing how to lead and represent your team effectively, substantiate the work and the decisions behind them
- Reporting into the CD level but will have the opportunity to run smaller jobs autonomously
- Effectively speak to process, design goals and team vision as a strong representative of the design studio
- Managing, and inspire a team of designers, providing design direction and pushing the quality of the design work
- Cooperating with external vendors to solve specific design challenges
- Stepping change productivity and accelerate team efficiency by improving processes and workflows with the design team and cross-functional teams
- Growing Wolff Olins’ reputation in the world - speaking at big events and building an influential creative network
- Be a creative visionary who is passionate about the power of design to change the world
- Must have some people management experience
- Huge ambition, drive, energy, and optimism
- Brilliant rigor, cut-through, and clarity of thought
- A generous and collaborative nature, giving others space and encouragement to grow
- The awareness to lead by example, rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in when it’s needed
- Impeccable design eye, attention to detail, and well versed in using data and customer insights to influence design decisions
- Deep skills in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Additional experience is a big plus: motion, code, 3D, etc.
- 7-10 yrs design experience in the industry, both as a hands-on designer and as leader
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design
- 100% credible in our core disciplines of graphic design, interaction design or motion graphic