Business Development Director
This role has been newly created as we enter our next stage of growth, and is dedicated to growing and nurturing our network of ambitious leaders.
The team structure is flat and each of the team members has a particular focus: conversion of incoming, offer development, PR, marketing, content.
- Developing a strategy to better engage the C-suite and the level just below across marking/ communication / digital/ HR.
- Tapping a variety of sources (direct outreach, networking, Omnicom partners, industry conferences, press, PR partner, search consultants) to identify new leads and client prospects with significant long-term revenue potential
- Maintaining responsibility for several ‘vertical categories’ to develop a knowledge base and broad networks of relationships in key industry segments
- Managing outreach programs, generating meetings/conference calls and following up accordingly with regular ‘keep in touch’ campaigns to establish an on-going dialogue
- Targeting new prospects with relevant communication and marketing materials
- Collaborating with the marketing team to design the optimum content strategy for being front of mind for new business target audiences
- Ensuring that new business is leveraging marketing activities and assets effectively to maximize reach and conversion.
- Amplifying existing platforms (dinners, breakfasts roundtable, evening events) and creating new platforms (digital and physical) to reach out to ambitious leaders.
Develop and execute a new approach to activate our network of ambitious leaders, looking at:
- groups of peers (CEOs, CMOs, CTOs, Brand Directors, HR Directors, etc)
- private dinners in European cities
- topic-led round-table events
- evening events with panel of speakers
- online platform with agenda, content write up, peer-to-peers communication
- partnership with other platforms (The Economist, McKinsey Quarterly, Harvard Business Review, etc)
- ad-hoc partnerships with strategic partners (executive search companies, management consultancies, technology consulting firms, etc).
The ideal candidate is a natural networker, with business flair, an entrepreneurial spirit and a relentless focus on targeting new opportunities and winning new business. He or she has strong interpersonal skills and resilience to build new relationships, as well as creativity and energy to activate the existing network.
This role requires autonomy and drive to shape the strategic direction and a ‘hands-on, can-do’ attitude to put
- Experienced business developer with a minimum of 10 years experience in client service and business development
- Proven track record of establishing and building new client relationships in the brand, marketing, innovation, or management consulting arena
- Natural networker with a strong Rolodex of senior contacts across a broad array of industries to bring to the table from day one
- Demonstrated strategic and business acumen with the ability to quickly and incisively diagnose a clients biggest business and brand challenges
- Demonstrated skills at consultative selling with an ability to uncover key insights through ongoing conversations, discussions, and q&a to guide prospects to an understanding of Wolff Olins’ offer
- Innovative thinking to imagine new approaches and strong project management skills to make them happen
- Focused and persistent with a drive to win new business
- Reliable, organised and outcome oriented
- Resourceful and creative in identifying the right client prospects, navigating, and finding ways in to connect with them
- Sociable, ambitious and optimistic
To apply, click "Apply" below and send your CV and Cover Letter, along with:
- Your Salary expectations
- Your notice period/availability to start
- Your Right to Work in the UK status